The Mission of the Southern Umpires Association is to:
• Provide the highest standard of collective representation to all Southern Umpires regardless of category, experience or location;
• Encourage and foster the highest standards of officiating and citizenship amongst SUA Umpires on and off the field; and
• Promote and advance the institutions of Umpiring and the Game.
• The Southern Umpires Association is committed to fostering values of: Respect, Integrity, Fairness, and Trust.
The Southern Umpires Association:
• must be a democratic organisation, which encourages and facilitates the involvement of its membership in the decision making process;
• believes its role and responsibility is not limited to coaching and development but extends to promoting, protecting and servicing the needs of the individual;
• recognises that it is an ambassador of umpiring and the sport and as such has a responsibility to positively promote these institutions;
• must enshrine its values into every element of the organisations activities.
• Improve the management and structure of the Southern Umpires Association;
• Maximise umpires' potential through best practice employee relations services;
• Build and maintain a financially viable and independent Association;
• Within the context of the Game maximise the promotion and development opportunities for umpires and Umpiring;
• Provide umpires of the most proficient standard possible to the football clubs and leagues within the country football community;
• Activity promote the benefits of umpiring to women and girls and establish the largest female umpiring panel in Victoria.
We have been offered some tickets from a member for the Richmond v Carlton game tomorrow at the MCG at 3.20pm. We... https://t.co/cwR3kKe6hz
2 days ago
Thanks to the VFL boys for coming down to training tonight on your week off. Is good to hear some success stories... https://t.co/CBwpUFU2qx
4 days ago
Massive congratulations to Hayden Gavine on umpiring his debut AFL game this Sunday - St Kilda vs Gold Coast at... https://t.co/eX5SSc6Hzo
6 days ago