The Mission of the Southern Umpires Association is to:
• Provide the highest standard of collective representation to all Southern Umpires regardless of category, experience or location;
• Encourage and foster the highest standards of officiating and citizenship amongst SUA Umpires on and off the field; and
• Promote and advance the institutions of Umpiring and the Game.
• The Southern Umpires Association is committed to fostering values of: Respect, Integrity, Fairness, and Trust.
The Southern Umpires Association:
• must be a democratic organisation, which encourages and facilitates the involvement of its membership in the decision making process;
• believes its role and responsibility is not limited to coaching and development but extends to promoting, protecting and servicing the needs of the individual;
• recognises that it is an ambassador of umpiring and the sport and as such has a responsibility to positively promote these institutions;
• must enshrine its values into every element of the organisations activities.
• Improve the management and structure of the Southern Umpires Association;
• Maximise umpires' potential through best practice employee relations services;
• Build and maintain a financially viable and independent Association;
• Within the context of the Game maximise the promotion and development opportunities for umpires and Umpiring;
• Provide umpires of the most proficient standard possible to the football clubs and leagues within the country football community;
• Activity promote the benefits of umpiring to women and girls and establish the largest female umpiring panel in Victoria.
As part of the Community Umpiring round, we will have AFL Umpire Visitors tonight at Seaford Training Venue from 6pm.
431 days ago
Field/ Boundary: Anyone got whiter boots than these? Goal Umps: Got any blacker? Post for a free drink Wednesday... Must be your boots!
434 days ago
Big Season ahead for our friends in the King Island League. Who’s your pick for the flag? https://t.co/4yOG8qte2i
434 days ago